Thursday, July 8, 2010

Yo-yo effect

...........I don't know what to say.

Mom had a bad day again. I don't understand. I don't understand how she can be better one day and then crap the next and then repeat. Is it in part due to the chemo? maybe.

I just want her to get out of that place... SHE just wants to get out of that place. She was hoping by this weekend. I don't think that is happening anymore.

She ate jell-o last evening, and was sick last night.
She had jello today and was sick.
She had a popsicle and had a lot of abdominal pain.
She had chicken broth and was sick.
Air is moving through her, and so that says the motility is there, but she can't take the liquids yet? Is it about re-training her gut? like on survivor where they willingly starve themselves for 30 some days and then get sick if they eat too much?

Beth visited her this AM and they walked.
Diane visited her and they walked.
Arlene visited her.

Her moral is low, and the more she has to stay in that place the worse it gets. I don't know what I can do. She hates being sick in front of people so having lots a visitors is a bad thing. She says not to worry, but what else can I do? She is my family. My only family. It's been us for 22 years.