Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sollicitudo

The oncologist just called and wants a different type of CT Scan done on Mom.

They are going to call with the appointment.

Mom thinks it won't be tomorrow because of the holiday.

I hope it IS tomorrow. In fact I hope it is this evening. I know that is unreaslistic, but something isn't right.

Even the oncologist knows something isn't right.

I keep asking her if they are going to look/test her heart? But they aren't testing her heart? She has a murmur. What if it's her heart?
What if it is failing.
What about her pulmonary arteries.
Look at the stress she is under.
Look at the stress her body is under.
What about hypertension.
What if it's her new blood pressure drug.

Maybe it's nothing.
Maybe it's something really simple.

But why aren't they looking at all the organs related to blood oxygenation.

Pulse Ox was ~97%, but arterial blood gas 55?
Why the disconnect between the two values.

She just feels fatigued.
You know how you feel when you are getting sick and you feel like you've been hit by a mack truck? I think that is how she is feeling.

Please note these are my thoughts, not questions. I don't need them quelled. I just need to put them out there.
Questions will be answered by the doctor. I will make sure of that.



.